Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pink & purple ombré nails

Pink & purple ombré nails anybody?
Let me teach you the easiest way to achieve these:

Step 1: Apply a light base colour to your nails (i choose baby pink) that will contrast nicely with the darker colour (I choose purple) which you will use for the nail tips or nail ends (whichever you wish the gradient to start from, I did purple to pink gradient). Wait for it to dry (nothing too difficult yet? It gets easier)

Step 2: Grab a makeup sponge or a cloth that's porous, you need a sponge or cloth that's porous so you can create the sponge effect (doesn't work with cotton bud/wool/tip). I used cloth. Next pour small amount of the purple polish onto the and dip the corner of the sponge into the polish. Now dab the sponge onto the tip on the nails, and continue dabbing down to a about a third of the nail, making sure the majority of the polish is on the tip. You want to create a gradient look where the dark eventually fades out toward the bottom of the nail.

Step 3 - Apply a colour that's inbetween the contrasting colours and dab where the two colours meet. This will help all the colours to blend into each other. For this look you can use a dark pink. I left this out and blended both nail colours.

Step 4 - You can finish off by applying a layer of glitter polish over the top and use this to set my gems and fimo clay stars/flowers. I omitted this. Lastly i applied a thick coat of clear polish over the top to seal everything in. Finally, clean up the edges with a cotton bud and varnish remover.

It really is that easy! I was quite pleased as to how it turned out, considering i have never done this nail effect before. I'm looking forward to doing this again in more colours!

Disclaimer: Sorry for the unprofessional picture. It honestly look better than the picture, I swear!

No comments:

Advertorial