Thursday, July 17, 2014
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
Drinking lemon honey ginger tea regularly can be helpful in many ways. This simple and refreshing tea can be enjoyed cold or hot - whatever way you prefer.
- Fresh ginger, small piece peeled and thinly sliced (you can use more if you prefer more spicy taste to your tea)
- Water, 3 cups
- Honey, 1 Tablespoon (more or less according to your sweetness)
- Lemon, 1 piece cut into small and thin wedges
- Tea powder, 4 Tablespoons (you can use bags, flavored tea or red tea. It's your choice)
1. Place ginger, powdered tea and water in a saucepan over low heat. Put the lid on and let it boil for about 10 minutes. Once it's 10 minutes, turn off the fire and continue to let the saucepan sit covered for atleast another 10 minutes. This allows the ginger and tea to be infused.
If you are using a teapot, add ginger and tea powder in the teapot and pour boiling water in it. Let it rest covered for atleast 15 minutes.
2. Strain the tea through a sieve to remove the ginger and tea powders.
3. Add lemon slices and honey to the sieved tea and drink it immediately if you like it hot.
If you want cold tea, let your tea cool down, store it in the fridge and add ice cubes before serving.
4. Be experimental by adding other ingredients that you like. You can add camomile, cinnamon, orange or even mint.
Sunday, July 13, 2014
Xiaomi has been the new revolution to the mobile industrty this few years.
who are they are why are their phones selling like hotcakes??
(this is where it gets technical)
"Xiaomi was founded in April 2010 by ex-Kingsoft CEO Lei Jun, as a software company creating a new custom ROM based on Google’s Android. Their aim was to provide additional functionality that Android had yet to offer and an easy to use user interface. MIUI, the ROM which the team created, became a huge success and has been ported to many devices. As of 2014 MIUI can be downloaded and installed to over 200 devices in both English and Chinese, even non developers can easily install MIUI to their phones using the MIUI Express APK. As of the end of 2013 Xiaomi had over 30 million MIUI users worldwide! Very impressive for such a young company!
The MIUI ROM was likened to Apple’s iOS for being very easy to use whilst providing sophisticated services such as cloud backup, an easy to use music player and their own app store. The team at Xiaomi have alwasy wanted users to feel part of the company and happily take on fan feedback via multiple channels and update the ROM every Friday with bug fixes, optimisation and additional features. To good to be true? Well try it out for yourself as it’s probably available for your device already..." from Gizchina
Xiaomi says it sold more than 26m smartphones in the first half of the year, almost four times the 7m it sold in the same period a year ago, and is on track to reach 60m handset sales by Christmas.
Xiaomi Mi 3
Based on specifications, the Xiaomi Mi 3 is superior to the other two Android flagship smartphones as compared below:
The Xiao Mi 3 phone reigns superior through a Faster Processor, Custom Android ROM (which updates weekly), a better Camera and Flash and a Larger Battery.
|Specifications/Device||Xiaomi Mi 3||LG Nexus 5||Samsung Galaxy S4 with LTE+|
*Based on SGD to USD conversion rates at press time.
should samsung and apple be worried?