Friday, January 11, 2013

Runaway brides - just a sign of cold feet, or immaturity??

 Read the thought provoking, heart racking article on runaway brides part 1 & 2

Buying a hdb when we start our adulthood and wait a good 3-4 years for its completion is a huge pressure to many young couples - or just brides.

Pressure; Is it really from friends, family and hdb ?

I beg to differ.

Been dating for 6 years. Planned and applied for a small hdb unit 3 years ago and we are about to collect my keys in a month of so. I don't have any cold feet now and i don't even see it coming. I just worry about bills (that we need to single handedly manage without any parents support all the way from rom to wedding to Reno to honeymoon) and i am pretty much excited about my next phase of life as a married woman in my own new house starting my small little family.

To me it's simple.

1)You fall in true love, 2) you find your life partner 3) both discuss and plan future 4) always work things during problems out unless its trust and loyalty issues 5) make important decisions - house, marriage

I just think the words "cold feet" are the lamest excuse for immature brats who rather be single and not tied down.


Don't kill me, it's just my point of view.

I ultimately love peace! :P

Original article below:

Part 1 - http://sg.entertainment.yahoo.com/blogs/singapore-showbiz/runaway-brides-singapore-janice-story-part-1-035439074.html

& Part 2 - http://sg.entertainment.yahoo.com/blogs/singapore-showbiz/runaway-brides-singapore-picking-pieces-part-two-104152986.html

No comments:

Advertorial